This post is also available in: English Français
It’s the time of the year where warm soups and stews are greeted with joy and great anticipation, and this creamy Butternut Squash Spiced Soup is no exception!
Are you looking for a recipe that is easy to make, comforting, tasty and nutritious? I got your back!
How to make the most of the Butternut Squash Season
Before I tell you about the numerous benefits of this pear shaped vegetable let me tell you a few things you can do with it!
Roasted Butternut Squash – slice crosswise into rings of about 1 cm and roast with a drizzle of olive oil and sprinkle of salt for about 15 minutes at 180 degrees Celsius. You don’t need to remove the skin, just wash thoroughly before roasting.
Spaghetti – you will need a spiralizer for this one – spiralizing a butternut squash or a courgette is a great way to get kids to eat more veggies without them realizing!
Use the seeds – don’t discard the seeds! They are packed with nutrients and are delicious as a snack or sprinkled on top of this soup! Wash them, pat them dry and mix them into your most beloved spices (paprika, chili, thyme, etc.), some salt and a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil before roasting for about 10 minutes.
A gooey brownie – Pureed your butternut squash into a brownie and you end up with the most delicious and gooey chocolate treat. Check out this recipe and simply replace the sweet potato for butternut squash instead.
Butternut Squash Benefits
Overloaded with nutrients – get this vegetable into your diet this fall/winter!
Butternut Squash is extremely rich in Vitamin A, it contains more than 100% of your daily requirement. Their vibrant orange skin and flesh also contain plenty of Vitamin C, more than 40% of your daily requirement. It is rich in fibers to protect your guts and feed all the good bacteria in there. To learn more about its benefits click here.
This creamy Butternut Squash Soup is very quick and easy to make. You will need:
- Half an onion, some garlic and curry powder
- One potato
- One butternut squash
- Some carrots
- Some miso paste
- Coconut cream
I love to decorate this soup with some roasted crispy chickpeas and fresh parsley.
To roast the chickpeas:
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Use a can of cooked chickpeas (or half a can)
- Rinse and drain the chickpeas.
- Next, rub the chickpeas and take off the white skin on top of each one. Don’t worry if you leave some skin.
- In a bowl, stir together the chickpeas with some extra virgin olive oil, salt, chili powder or smoked paprika.
- Transfer chickpeas onto a parchment-lined baking sheet. Bake for about 30 minutes until crispy.
Place on top of this soup or enjoy as a snack.
I hope you try and like this Butternut Squash Spiced Soup if so let me know! Share on Pinterest and tag a photo on Instagram @mimies_delicacies so that I can see your lovely creations as well as helping me reach more of you lovely people. Merci my friends!
Creamy Butternut Squash Spiced Soup - Quick & Easy Fall Recipe
This easy to make, comforting, tasty and nutritious Butternut Squash Spiced Soup will make the perfect fall recipe.
- 2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 onion
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 potato, peeled and cut into cubes
- 2 tsp. curry powder
- 800 gr butternut squash, peeled and cut into large pieces
- 150 gr carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1 and 1/2 litre of water
- 1 tsp. miso paste
- 160 gr coconut cream
- 1 tsp. salt
- Crispy chickpeas
- Fresh parsley
- In a frying pan with olive oil, fry the onions, garlic and potato cubes until tender (about 12 minutes). Towards the end of the cooking add 2 tsp. of curry powder. Leave aside.
- In a large pan of boiling water, cook the butternut squash and carrots for about 10 minutes until tender.
- With a hand mixer or high speed blender, blend until smooth. (If you like it thick you may want to leave aside some of the water first.)
- Next, add the miso paste, coconut cream and salt + half of the potato and onion mixture. Blend until smooth.
- Pour the other half of the potato and onion mixture onto the soup so that you have some delicious bites to bite into ;).
- Serve with the crispy chickpeas (see recipe in the post above) and fresh parsley on top.
Leave a Reply