After 10 years living in the UK (London) I have adopted some habits which are here to stay such as having a creamy porridge for breakfast e-ve-ry morning (or whenever I’m not having pancakes 😉 !
Guest post featuring @ewa.colorfood
A porridge is a very British breakfast which a lot people, wherever they come from, have fallen in love with.
My insta friend Ewa is no exception, a quick look at her Instagram page and you will soon understand why I asked her to share a porridge recipe with us. She makes the most delicious breakfasts and today, she is sharing this scrumptious Creamy Porridge with melted Chocolate & Caramelized Bananas.
ABOUT EWA AND HER CREAMY PORRIDGE
“I live in Kraków, my favourite city in Poland. In the near future I plan to study psychology. But without looking to the future- which I do not like- I am a high school student who love singing, dancing, swimming and cooking! My interest in cooking started when my dad became interested in health. 2 years ago I stopped eating meat and now I enjoy my healthy and scrumptious cuisine without any harm to animals. When it comes to breakfasts … It is my favorite part of the morning! For me, breakfast must be sweet, diverse and exquisite. That is why lovely Mimie asked me to become a little part of her marvelous blog. I have always dreamed of creating my own culinary blog but I think I am not ready for it yet but Mimie gave me a great opportunity to try my hand at it! Thanks for that.
So let’s try some oatmeal. It seems simple but I promise you will not regret this combination of flavors I eat almost every morning!
Thank you Ewa! Don’t forget to follow her on Instagram at : @ewa.colorfood.
I hope you try and like these Creamy Porridge with melted Chocolate & Caramelised Bananas if so let me know! Share on Pinterest and tag a photo on Instagram @mimies_delicacies so that I can see your lovely creations as well as helping me reach more of you lovely people. Merci my friends!
For more breakfast recipes click here.
- 40 gr oats (gluten-free)
- Pinch of salt
- Grated carrot (to increase volume)
- 1 cup non-dairy milk
- 2 tbsp. of agave syrup
- toppings: banana, chocolate, coconut yoghurt, nut butter
- Blend the oats in a high speed blender. This step is optional although it makes the consistency of the porridge thicker and creamier.
- In a saucepan, bring to a boil the oats with salt and grated carrot in half a cup of water.
- Next, pour in the dairy-free milk (while stirring) to obtain a creamy consistency. Once you've achieve your desired texture, add the syrup and mix.
- Slice the bananas and fry in a pan with a bit of coconut oil.
- Pour the oatmeal into your bowl, place a piece of chocolate on top or in the middle. Add some caramelized bananas, coconut or soy yogurt, nut butter and some fruits on top.