This post is also available in: English Français
These Pistachio & Coconut Chocolate Bars are the perfect answer to my chocolate cravings, with no refined sugar, vegan and gluten-free so that everybody can enjoy it!
I had never tried Pistachio butter before, it didn’t even cross my mind that it existed until I received this Pistachio Butter from BornaFoods. I felt slightly sceptical at first, maybe because of the green colour which reminded of baby food for some reasons. One teaspoon later and I am hooked! It is so very creamy and rich in flavours, when combined with coconut it simply tastes like a Raffaello! Truly exquisite!
BornaFoods’ nut butter is made with 100% pistachios, free from sugars, oils and preservatives. I am giving you the link below if you wish to have a look at their range of products.
Benefits of Pistachios
This tree nut is known for its numerous benefits, among which:
A great amount of nutrients such as proteins, fibres (meaning you’ll feel fuller for longer), but also vitamins and minerals such as vitamin B6 and potassium.
Pistachios are one of the highest sources of antioxidants when compared to other nuts and seeds.
When compared to most nuts which are high in calories, pistachios have one of the lowest number of calories
Pistachios have a higher range of essential amino-acids than any other nuts.
They are so versatile and can be used in both savoury dishes such as salads or gnocchi’s toppings as well as in desserts in these Pistachio & Coconut Chocolate Bars.
Coconut and pistachios pairs perfectly + the addition of chocolate makes for the perfect treat. Shredded coconut being naturally sweet you won’t need to add much sweetener in this recipe, you can even adjust the amount of maple syrup to your liking and instead replace it with a bit of dairy-free milk as this will help the texture stick together.
- The almond flour can be substituted with finely ground oats.
- The pistachio butter can be replaced by any nut butter you like, although you should definitely give this one a try if you can!
- The bars are dipped into my favourite Ombar Chocolate but feel free to use the chocolate of your choice, I suspect that a vegan white chocolate would be perfect here (if you are in the mood to indulge) 😊. Equally perfect would be the Ombar pistachio centre bars (link below).
This serves to show you that you don’t need to stick to a recipe 100% and can always make some adjustments so that it works with what you have in your cupboards.
Pistachio & Coconut Chocolate Bars I Vegan & Gluten-Free
Coconut and pistachios pairs perfectly + the addition of chocolate makes for the perfect treat.
- 30 gr shredded coconut
- 30 gr almond flour (powder)
- A pinch of salt
- 50 gr coconut cream
- 2 tbsp. coconut oil (soft)
- ½ tsp. vanilla paste (or extract)
- 40 gr maple syrup
- 5 tbsp. pistachio butter (or other nut butter of your choice)
- 150 gr melted dark chocolate
- Optional: small handful of pistachio nuts
- In a large bowl mix together all the ingredients (except for the nut butter and chocolate).
- Press the mixture in individual rectangle moulds or in a square pan (do not cover the entire pan or else the bars will be extremely flat, cover just one third).
- Pop in the freezer for 1 hour.
- Next, spread 1 tbsp. of pistachio butter on top of each bar. Place in the freezer for another hour.
- Melt the chocolate of your choice. Drizzle the melted
chocolate on top of each bar.
- Optional: sprinkles some pistachio nuts on the top (or other
- Pop back in the freezer for 30 minutes.
- These bars keep well in the freezer and can be eaten
I hope you try and like these Pistachio & Coconut Chocolate Bars if so let me know! Share on Pinterest and tag a photo on Instagram #mimies_delicacies so that I can see your lovely creations as well as helping me reach more of you lovely people. Merci my friends!
Leave a Reply