I love having these Strawberry & Frangipane Tartlets on a hot summer day with a pool by my side 😊. We have the entire summer to make the most of our strawberries, so let’s start right away with a vegan and gluten-free recipe that everyone will be able to enjoy! Vegan or not!
I am heading to my dad’s garden ready to fill a basket full of these little beauties! Strawberries are so versatile and fresh it can be enjoyed in a lot of different ways – whether it be a simple fruit salad, paired with whipped cream or turned into jam! I have chosen to use mine on top of some delicious Strawberry & Frangipane Tartlets with a hint of basil.
Strawberries should (ideally) be eaten between the month of May and August. Don’t be fooled by the big strawberries often display in supermarket, they are in fact full of water!
The smaller the strawberry, the tastier it will be.
The sweet almond aroma of the frangipane combines perfectly with the freshness of the strawberries.
For an extra summer touch, I like to add some basil leaves on top of each tartlets. This will enhance the flavour of the strawberries, a match made in heaven!
These Strawberry & Frangipane Tartlets are the perfect summer treat. As an added bonus, they will be ready in less than no time so that you can enjoy the sun shining outside.
They are vegan, gluten-free and contain very little (unrefined) sugar, so you don’t have any excuse not to have a 2nd serving of it 😊.
Revisitons … Pâtissons!
For the gluten-free base/crust
- For the gluten-free crust recipe click the link in the instruction below
For the frangipane:
- 100 gr soya cream
- 1 tbsp. almond extract
- 35 gr unrefined cane sugar
- 100 gr ground almonds
- One punnet of strawberries
- Some basil leaves
- To make the gluten-free crust, click here.
- Place all the ingredients for the frangipane into a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Fill each one of your baked tartlets base with the frangipane (I like to fill mine up to the top 😊).
- Wash and hull the strawberries. Next, slice them lengthways into thin slices.
- Arrange them in a spiral round the tartlets (if desired) and scatter with some finely chopped basil leaves for a delicious summer touch.
I hope you try and like these Strawberry & Frangipane Tartlets, if so let me know! Share on Pinterest (click the picture) and tag a photo on Instagram #mimies_delicacies so that I can see your lovely creations as well as helping me reach more of you lovely people! Merci my friends!