The Sweet Potato Flour makes a perfect gluten-free substitute in these Sugar-Free Sweet Potato Crêpes – Vegan & Gluten-Free.
Between crêpes or pancakes I would (almost!) always choose to go for crêpes, probably because I used to have them so often as a child and love how they fold so easily, they also go with so many different toppings which is a big win to me.
This recipe is sugar-free which means you can make them either sweet or savoury. If you wish you can add 1 tablespoon of maple syrup to the batter for extra sweetness.
Need some inspiration? Here are some of my favourite fillings:
Favourite Savoury Fillings:
- Falafel with hummus and grated carrots
- Vegan cheese spread with chickpeas and corn
- Grilled tofu with tomatoes and tahini
- Black beans, red onions, chilli sauce and fresh spinach
Favourite Sweet Fillings:
- Homemade Nutella & raspberries (click here for my homemade Nutella recipe)
- Peanut butter and caramelised bananas
- Peanut Butter and strawberry jam
- Salted caramel with coconut cream
- Chocolate sauce and berries
If you decide to make them savoury you can try to use buckwheat flour instead of mixed gluten-free flour.
Alternatively, if you are not gluten intolerant you can use another type of flour, I personally like using spelt flour.
The sweet potato flour will bring colour and natural sweetness onto your breakfast table, as well as contributing to an extra light and fluffy crêpe.
The Benefits of eating Sweet Potatoes
Sweet potatoes are rich in fibres which helps in preventing constipation. They are a great source of vitamin A, C & vitamin B6, as well as manganese and beta-carotene. They are so versatile and are a great addition to desserts thanks to their natural sweetness.
Bulk Powders is a good brand to use for the sweet potato flour (below) as well as nu3.
- 120 gr mixed gluten-free flour (or buckwheat flour for the savoury ones)
- 50 gr sweet potato flour
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon powder (only for the sweet ones)
- 450 gr dairy-free milk
- 1 tbsp. chia seeds
- 15 gr oil (I used rapeseel oil)
- In a large bowl, stir together all the ingredients in the order shown above.
- Keep stirring until smooth.
- Grease your pan and get it hot before turning the heat down slightly.
- Spoon the batter into a ladle and pour in the pan all at once, spreading it all over by moving the pan in circles.
- Leave it for a minute or so and flip on the other side for another minute.
- Garnish with your favourite toppings.
I hope you try and like this Sweet Potato Crêpes – Vegan & Gluten-Free, if so let me know! Share on Pinterest and tag a photo on Instagram #mimies_delicacies so that I can see your lovely creations as well as helping me reach more of you lovely people. Merci my friends