The search for the perfect brownie continues and I think this Vegan Almond Brownie is pretty close to perfection 😊.
Both vegan and gluten-free, this brownie is also high in vitamins thanks to the sweet potatoes and almonds.
A few months ago, I made this amazing brownie, the difference is that I had used dates and almond flour, while in this recipe I am using coconut sugar and ground oats. I find this recipe to be stickier and it makes for a bigger portion too. I love both recipes equally, it is like children, you just can’t ask me to choose between the two 😊. I guess you will have to try them both and let me know which one you preferred!
Let me remind you of some of the benefits of eating a dessert made with sweet potatoes.
THE BENEFITS OF EATING SWEET POTATOES
Sweet potatoes are rich in fibers which helps in preventing constipation. They are a great source of vitamin A, which helps form and maintain healthy teeth, bones, soft tissue, mucous membranes, and skin. They are high in vitamin C & vitamin B6, as well as manganese and beta-carotene. Sweet Potatoes are so versatile and are a great addition to desserts thanks to their natural sweetness, and makes for a very gooey texture.
THE BENEFITS OF EATING ALMONDS
Almonds are a great source of Vitamin E which is great for skin’s health and reducing the appearance of wrinkles.
I have decided to roast the almonds, why? Because it adds so much flavors and depth to the recipe, but it is completely optional! You can absolutely skip this step.
I hope you try and like these Vegan Almond Brownie if so let me know! Share on Pinterest and tag a photo on Instagram #mimies_delicacies so that I can see your lovely creations as well as helping me reach more of you lovely people. Merci my friends !
- 3 medium sweet potatoes
- 1 cup of whole almonds
- 2 cups of ground oats or ground buckwheat
- 4 tbsp. cacao powder
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 tbsp. maca powder
- ½ cup almond butter
- 3 tbsp. melted coconut oil
- Preheat your oven to 180 °C. Line a 20 × 20 cm square baking pan with parchment paper.
- Peel the sweet potatoes and chop into 3 cm chunks. Put the sweet potato cubes into a saucepan of water, cover and bring to the boil.
- Leave to simmer for 10 minutes, until the sweet potatoes are tender. Drain the water, then mash the sweet potatoes.
- Next, roast the almonds for 10 minutes. Let them cool a little before chopping them coarsely in your food processor.
- In a large bowl mix together the almonds, ground oats,
cacao powder, maca powder, coconut sugar and salt.
- Transfer the sweet potato puree, almond butter and melted
coconut oil mixture into the dry ingredients and stir until well combined. I use my hands for that step 😊. The batter should feel sticky, that’s normal and this is what you are looking for!
- Transfer the batter into your square pan and drizzle some almond butter on the top if desired.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Once baked remove from the oven and let it cool for 10 minutes. I highly advise you to try it while still warm! 🙂