This post is also available in: English
This Vegan Brownie Porridge is perfect to satisfy my chocolate cravings while nourishing my body with healthy nutrients.
Since I was told that having dessert for breakfast wasn’t the best way to start the day 😉 I decided to give my healthy breakfast some dessert’s touches here and there. This intense and almost gooey chocolate porridge really taste like a brownie. Except that it is a very nutritious one that fills me up rather than me reaching for more.
This porridge is very easy to make, you can choose to make it with Gluten-Free Oats. I like the Nairns Gluten-Free Scottish Porridge Oats which make the creamiest porridge!
Issue Digesting Oats?
You don’t need to soak your oats prior to making this porridge, I usually add some boiling water and stir for a few seconds, and this does the trick! However, if you experience issues digesting oats, I would then highly recommend you soak them overnight or at least a couple of hours.
My milk of choice for this recipe is hazelnut milk, I just love the combination of chocolate and hazelnuts probably because I used to love Nutella and this reminds me of it a little! Feel free to choose any dairy-free milk you like, the Barista blend by Oatly works very well too as it makes the porridge extra creamy.
I have added some maca powder to this recipe for its subtle caramel flavour. This is optional and you can absolutely do without it.
Benefits of Maca Powder
Instead of reaching for the artificial protein powder while not add some maca powder instead? Maca is a Peruvian plant that has been cultivated for thousands of years. One tablespoon contains more than 20 amino acids, helping your body tissue to repair among many other benefits. Maca is known to increase energy without the negative side effect that caffeine, for instance, can have. Maca is also a great source of minerals including potassium and calcium, as well as some B vitamins – Source
Do you want a real Vegan Brownie recipe? Try this Sugar-Free Brownie, full of goodness that you can also have for breakfast 😊.
- 70 gr rolled oats
- 15 gr cocoa powder
- 1 tsp. maca powder (optional)
- Pinch of salt
- 100 boiling water (from your kettle)
- 100 gr hazelnut milk (or other milk of your choice)
- 2 tbsp. maple syrup
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp. coconut yoghurt or coconut cream
- To serve:
- 2 square dark chocolate
- A few hazelnuts
- Nut butter (optional)
- Place the rolled oats, cocoa powder, maca powder (optional) and salt into your saucepan and whisk.
- Next, pour in the water and the hazelnut milk (or dairy-free milk of your choice).
- Bring to a boil and simmer for about 2 minutes while stirring.
- Add the maple syrup and vanilla extract to the saucepan, and keep stirring for a further 2 minutes until very creamy. Make sure it doesn’t stick to the bottom of the pan.
- Finally add the coconut yoghurt or cream and give a good last stir before serving.
- If you like you can adjust the creaminess by adding a little dairy-free milk, 1 tablespoon at a time.
- Take off the hob and serve into a bowl.
- Next, pop a couple of dark chocolate squares in the centre
of the porridge and decorate with a few hazelnuts on top and a sprinkle of salt to enhance the chocolate flavour.
- I like to serve it with a drizzle of nut butter on top for an extra indulgent breakfast!