Fancy some Vegan Chocolate Sandwiched Biscuits with your tea? I must warn you that you may end up having them all. Just as when I was little, certain things never change 😊.
These biscuits are extremely easy to make. With less than 10 ingredients, 6 to be precise!
Here is what you will need to add into your shopping list:
Flour – I have used some spelt flour for this recipe, you can swap for wheat flour or some gluten-free flour if you have a gluten intolerance.
Almond flour – or almond meal (I am still not quite sure what the difference is), it gives a really nice sandy like texture to the biscuits.
Unrefined cane sugar – I would normally use coconut sugar which is less refined (although more expensive) but quarantine is not a time to be picky and so cane sugar will do absolutely fine.
Cinnamon powder – if you were to guess there was cinnamon powder in these biscuits, I bet you wouldn’t! But I really think it brings a little je ne sais quoi.
Dairy–free milk – use the one you have at home, any will do.
Vegan butter – I love the brand Naturli, unlike other vegan butter Naturli does not contain any palm oil which makes it extra special. Oh, I must mention that Sainsbury started selling it which is a big thumb up!
For the chocolate layer all you need is to mix some melted dark chocolate with some coconut milk from a can.
Alternatively you can spread some Homemade Vegan Nutella (NOTella)
I like to use the Ombar chocolate. I love what this brand stands for, they really care about keeping the benefits that each bars of chocolate contains, they don’t roast the cacao beans but heat them at very low temperature to retain all the goodness of this superfood.
- 100 gr spelt flour (or wheat/gluten-free flour)
- 60 gr almond flour
- 60 gr unrefined cane sugar
- ½ tsp. cinnamon powder
- 60 gr vegan butter (cut into cubes)
- 30 gr dairy-free milk
- Preheat your oven to 180 C°. Place a sheet of parchment paper onto a baking tray.
- In a large bowl, mix together the flour, almond flour, sugar and cinnamon.
- Rub in the vegan butter, mixing it in with your fingers until you get a crumble like texture.
- Add the dairy-free milk and shape into a dough.
- Knead the dough on a lightly floured surface until smooth. Roll out dough into a thin layer (about 0.50 cm) and with your cookie cutter or a glass cut into rounds.
- Place the rounds on the baking tray.
- Pop into the oven for 15 minutes until golden.
- Spread some chocolate on each biscuit or some homemade Vegan Nutella (NOTella)
I hope you try and like these Vegan Chocolate Sandwiched Biscuits, if so let me know! Share on Pinterest and tag a photo on Instagram #mimies_delicacies so that I can see your lovely creations as well as helping me reach more of you lovely people. Merci my friends!