Truth be told I am not a fan of matcha, I would go as far as to say: I really don’t’ like matcha! But for some reason these Vegan Matcha & Blueberry Pancakes have made their way to my heart.
If you don’t drink it, can you at least try and eat it? I know that makes no sense, but yes!! I can eat matcha if it is in a pancake anytime of the day 😊.
I have been making sugar-free breakfasts over the last few months just because I prefer not to have sugar as my first meal of the day. However, I love a sweet breakfast and although this may sound a bit contradictory, I could be having pancakes every morning if I had all the time in the world.
This is how these pancakes with no sugar were born as well as my Caramelised Banana Pancakes. Don’t be scared to make them for your family because everyone can add any toppings they love to this sugar-free recipe. Which is one of the reasons why I believe there is no need at all for sugar, the toppings will sweeten it all.
If you feel that matcha is really not your cup of tea! You can try and use wheatgrass instead, although the word may not tempt you into trying, wheatgrass will give your pancakes a beautiful green colour just as matcha does and is full of benefits.
Why Include Matcha into Your Diet:
- High in antioxidants (a lot higher than green tea!)
- Improve cognitive functions
- Helps fight cancer cells
- Good for the health of your heart
- Just like coffee it raises energy level without the jitters
I hope you try and like these Vegan Matcha & Blueberry Pancakes, if so let me know! Share on Pinterest and tag a photo on Instagram #mimies_delicacies so that I can see your lovely creations as well as helping me reach more of you lovely people. Merci my friends!
- 120 gr self-raising gluten-free flour (or plain gluten-free flour)*
- 1 tbsp. matcha powder
- 1 tbsp. ground flaxseeds
- 1 pinch of salt
- 240 gr dairy-free milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Handful of blueberries (washed)
- In a bowl, mix together all the ingredients in in order shown
above, starting with the dry ingredients and finishing up with the wet ingredients. Mix until you get a smooth batter.
- Next, add the blueberries and give a good stir.
- Preheat and lightly grease a frying pan.
- Take a ladle half full of batter and pour it in the middle of the pan, spreading very lightly.
- Cook for 1 minute then add on a lid (this will make your pancakes extra fluffy).
- Cook for a further minute then flip the pancake onto the other side for 15 secondes.
- Repeat until no batter is left … and enjoy!
* If using plain flour add 1 tsp. of baking powder
Amount Per Serving Calories 121Total Fat 1gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 4mgSodium 52mgCarbohydrates 22gFiber 1gSugar 1gProtein 4g